jueves, 21 de septiembre de 2017

Flip Classroom - Exit Slip

I believe that flip classrooms have got advantages and disadvantages. 
On the one hand, I consider that visual explanations are of great benefit to the students, and actually allow them to go back to a part they got stucked is really good. Moreover, it gives them the possibility to work ate their own pace and generate a general background of the topic before coming to the classroom. 
On the other hand, I believe that there are a few holes that should be considered. For instance, we are assuming that every kid has got the same access to internet. What happens if a student has not got the right resources? How do you actually prove that everyone is going to pay attention when they watch the video at home?
Another thing that should be considered, is the health of the student, because they are exposed to technology almost every hour of their day. I think that flip classrooms are not viewing the margins of this technique. 
To sum up, I strongly feel that videos are advantageous and beneficial, but we have to consider other aspects of this system. I think that a combination of different techniques (Flip included) could be one of the ways to achieve a better result. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Entry Slip - Embodied learning

I found the reading really interesting. Although it focuses more in geometry and mathematics, I can see the connection between the approach...